Thanks to our sponsors, the following support for participants will be available. Please note: you can only apply for one scholarship / bursary:
- The Electronic Textual Cultures Lab at the University of Victoria (etcl) will sponsor up to 5 tuition fellowships for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who take part in the Summer School.
To apply for a tuition fellowship a written application (ca. 500 words) in English has to be submitted as a file via ConfTool. The selection of the fellows is done by a committee consisting of Ray Siemens as representative of etcl and representatives from DH training network institutions. Tuition fellowships are attributed only if the applicant has registered for the Summer School. Closed. No more applications for fellowships can be accepted.
- Funding granted by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) allows us to grant up to 15 scholarships to alumni / alumnae of German universities. Alumni / Alumnae are people from outside Germany who as students, graduates, researchers or lecturers have received a degree at a German University or have studied, conducted research or worked at a German University at least for three months and who are now outside Germany.
Scholarships cover the costs of travel, accommodation (12 nights) and meals (11 days). They do not cover participation fees.
To apply for a DAAD-Scholarship, a written application (500-700 words) in German or English including evidence of the time(s) spent at German universities has to be submitted as a file via ConfTool. Scholarships are attributed only once the applicant has registered for the Summer School and paid her / his participation fees.
- The University of Leipzig through its International Centre is generously offering
(1) up to ten bursaries for participants coming from its Eastern European partner universities:
|Bulgaria||Sofiski Uniwersitet Sw. Kliment Ochridski|
Uniwersytet Jagiellonski w Krakowie
|Rumania||Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai, Cluj-Napoca|
|Russia||Moskowski gosudarstwenny uniwersitet im. M. W. Lomonosowa
Sankt-Peterburgski gosudarstwenny uniwersitet
Kazanski gosudarstwenny uniwersitet
|Slovenia||Univerza v Ljubljani|
|Czech Republic||Univerzita Karlova v Praze|
|Ukraine||Kiewski nazionalny uniwersitet im. Tarasa Schewtschenko|
|Republic of Belarus||Beloruski gosudarstvenny uniwersitet|
Bursaries consist of a lump sum of approximately € 330,00 for students, € 390,00 for doctoral students and € 800,00 for members of the scientific staff (postdoc researcher, faculty lecturer, adjunct / associate / assistent / full professor). Bursaries will be handed out during the Summer School.
To apply for a bursary a written application (ca. 500 words) in English has to be submitted as a file via ConfTool. Applicants need to prove their affiliation to one of the Eastern European partner universities listed above as well as their status.
(2) 1-2 bursaries for members of the scientific staff (postdoc researcher, faculty lecturer, adjunct / associate / assistant / full professor) from one of its non-European partner universities.
The bursaries consists of a lump sum of approximately € 800,00. They will be handed out during the Summer School.
To apply for a bursary a written application (ca. 500 words) in English has to be submitted as a file via ConfTool. Applicants need to prove their affiliation to one of the non-European partner universities of the University of Leipzig as well as their status.
If more support becomes available it will be announced here.